Natural Logic assisted Noramco Inc. in fall of 2005 to help evaluate and select an Environment, Health, and Safety Management Information System (EMIS).
Industry: Chemical/pharmaceutical manufacturing
Service: Feedback—Process improvements and recommendations
Natural Logic assisted Noramco Inc. in fall of 2005 to help evaluate and select an Environment, Health, and Safety Management Information System (EMIS). The primary focus was to develop a User Requirements Specification (URS) that defines user needs, the characteristics of a new EMIS, and an outline for the criteria assessing potential vendor solutions.
The overall project goals included:
- Streamline the current EMIS, correcting deficiencies
- Eliminate duplication of effort in data collection, data entry, management, and regulatory reporting
- Integrate data collection from other company computer systems and software, and replace obsolete EHS systems
- Reduce time required to manage current EHS software and spreadsheets, and improve timeliness of reporting results
- Increase the amount of time spent by EHS professionals on data analysis to support identification and implementation of solutions that improve site performance
- Add new system capabilities, elements, and functionality, including better trending, charting and reporting capabilities, enhanced ability to support strategic planning, and enhanced data access and security
Natural Logic was responsible for:
- Researching existing EMIS software providers, Facilitating a collaborative workshop with all EHS system users to clearly define user needs, and
- Distilling workshop feedback and results into technical specifications and parameters for a new EMIS system
Noramco evaluated and selected a new system during the spring and summer of 2006.