SOCIAL MEDIA, MARKETING & PR INTERNS: Social Media, Video sites, Adwords
We’re building an intern team to crank up the visibility & effectiness of Natural Logic’s social media presence.
– build & promote our new YouTube channel (working with our very creative producers)
– redesign, power up and manage our AdWords campaign
– review & upgrade social media & PR strategy
Duration: 1-6 months, part time
Our ideal candidates are looking for excellent resume-building projects in PR, marketing, green business, and communications.
– Experience with traditional and online/social media
– Personal commitment to making a difference and using business as a lever for sustainable change
– Comfortable meeting deadlines while working remotely on an important project
– Clear writing skills (preferably for business and promotional) essential
– Sense of humor, easy to work with
Please respond by email to interns.natlogic.com, subject line: Social Media & Video Intern Candidate. Submit letter of intent, resume*, and a short (100-250 word) writing sample. Word or PDF documents accepted.
BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT INTERNS
Recognizing the new momentum building behind a second wave of sustainability initiatives, we are starting a new business development initiative led by Steve Reinhardt, a 25 year marketing and business development veteran and one of Natural Logic’s Senior Associates. This initiative will have the following objectives.
- Gather and review various sustainability indices and assess for alignment/opportunity against Natural Logic priorities and current high priority leads
- Improve and implement systems for categorizing and prioritizing leads and funnel into existing database.
- Assist in developing contact strategy including targeting, media (web, direct mail, sales call, webinar etc) and other tactics to reach prospects.
You’ll learn new business development from seasoned professionals, and learn sustainability consulting from one of the best firms in the business. Depending on your background and skill set, you may have the opportunity to work on new business we land.
We plan to kick this project off immediately and we imagine it lasting 4-8 weeks depending on outcomes. We will be meeting at the Natural Logic offices in Berkeley and this person will need to be flexible enough with schedule to meet two days per week. This internship is unpaid. (If you’re in school, we’re happy to work with your institution to support course credit if appropriate.)
Some private sector experience in marketing, sales or new business development preferred. Please send resume* and cover letter to sreinhardt [at ] natlogic [dot] com with the subject line, “YOUR NAME: BizDev Intern Candidate.”
MARKETING/SALES INTERN: Energy Services
Natural Logic is looking for a sustainability-minded marketing/sales intern to help us with a new service offering. We are contacting state and city Department of General Services offices to engage them around our retrofit optimization service.
Our ideal candidate will have experience with market research and sales development. Energy efficiency experience a plus. This is a great opportunity to work with an established strategy consulting firm providing government and corporate clients with results-focused programs that build profit and competitive advantage while reducing an organization’s environmental footprint, waste and risk.
The initial scope of work (projected 10-20 hours, with a possible extension for the right candidate) will consist of researching contact information, contacting DGS offices to generate interest, and referral of contacts to Natural Logic consultants.
STRATEGIC SUSTAINABILITY INTERNSHIPS: Strategy, Industrial Ecology, Performance Measurement, Regenerative Design, and more
Natural Logic helps companies and communities prosper by embedding the laws of nature at the heart of enterprise. Our Strategic Sustainability™ services turn advanced environmental performance into profit and competitive advantage.
Associates include ecologists, engineers, strategists, planners and change management specialists with a broad range of hands-on business experience.
Current Services & Actvities (partial list)
- Strategic Sustainability™ services
- Environmental Management + Information Systems
- Integrated EcoAudits
- Software development
- “Building the Environmental Economy”
- Research and analysis
- Industrial & Regional Metabolism
- Natural Step™ training
- Green building
- Sustainable design
We are seeking graduate student interns to work as project assistants on software development, client engagements and other projects. Intern projects could include:
- Business development: develop value-based compensation systems; assist in development of internal and external business plan guiding company expansion; develop business systems to streamline operations.
- Software development: assist in continuing development of environmental management software tools, including Business Metabolics™, EcoAudit evaluation and analysis tools, spreadsheet & database tools, templates, charts, reports and macros.
- Data collection, analysis and compilation: collect, compile, and refine ecoefficiency and pollution prevention checklists and tools; collect and analyze client and regional “industrial metabolism” data.
- EcoAudit protocols: ongoing documentation (narrative, process flow diagrams, tables, checklists) of Integrated EcoAudit protocols.
- Industry research: develop industry-specific “best practices” database; develop industry-specific “metabolic efficiency” benchmarks and database.
- Marketing: develop and produce seminar series; develop systematic marketing program; develop syndicated radio program; graphic design and production.
- Web page maintenance: reorganize, annotate, and periodically update Natural Logic web pages to reflect new resources; develop and maintain automatic (or semi-automatic) system for updates and overall Web site management.
Background / Experience
In general, interns will be expected to be disciplined, responsible and energetic. Specific experience in the following areas would be welcome:
- Business: finance, accounting, operations research, strategic planning, marketing
- Engineering: industrial/mechanical/chemical/environmental engineering
- Computer: Java, SQL, Ruby on Rails, HTML
- Life/Environmental studies: ecology, biology, energy & resources, environmental economics
Timing & Compensation We are currently offering unpaid internships; we’ll work with your academic institution to help arrange credit where possible. Possible compensation for future internships to be determined. Internships “at a distance” are possible for some projects.
Please e-mail your CV/resume–plus a brief description of your project preference(s) and career goals to interns.natlogic.com with the subject line, “(Your Name): Sustainability Intern Candidate.”
*(Please make our lives a little easier by naming your files meaningfully — eg, ‘ChrisSmithResume.doc’ rather than ‘resume.doc’.) We’ll respond as soon as possible. Thank you.